Sunday, July 25, 2010

In her own room!

Yesterday was a day of cleaning, organizing and being somewhat productive. In the afternoon, Nick and I decided that our room was just feeling cramped and we had no where to move. The only solution…move Brin out. :(. So, with a sad face, we got her things in her room moved around and we moved her cradle in.

I was a sad to move her, but I knew that the longer we waited the more we were prolonging the inevitable. She can’t stay in our room forever…she will need to go to Kindergarten, Prom, and College…I think I am moving ahead of my self… she is only 8 weeks old and we only moved the cradle.

We started our bedtime routine like any other. Brin got a bath in the sink at about 8:30. She LOVES to be in the water. She was a little cranky before her bath (due to lack of decent nap) but as soon as she hit that water it was all smiles. Then we get lotion, diaper, and jams. After we are ready for bed, it is time for books and bottle. Last night we read, I Wished For You, Good Night Moon, and 5 Little Monkeys.

While eating her bottle, Brin usually falls fast asleep. This makes bed time last a little longer, but by 9:30 she is in bed ready for some Z’s.

Here are some pictures from the night…

P1090946

A little bath in the Puj in the sink.

P1090959Lola just couldn’t get close enough to us. She ended up on her hind legs resting her head and front paws in my lap next to the baby.

P1090967 

Asleep in her cradle…

P1090968

Lola kept checking on Brin to make sure she was OK.

P1090971About 6:30 I heard little coo’s in the monitor. When I went into Brin room…this is the face that was looking up at me. I think she is going to be just fine in her own room! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a good, happy baby! Looks like she's already liking her independence! :)