Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow-maggedon/Snow-pocolypse 2011

If you would have asked me about 12:30 if we were going anywhere by Friday, I would have said NO…I had been in the garage for about 45 minutes trying to start the STUPID snow blower…FINALLY after 45 minutes, kicking, yelling, burning the automatic start, and feeling the burn in my abs…it STARTED! The snow is CRAZY here! I don’t think the plows were able to come by until 3 or 4 this afternoon. I think that it is reported that we got about 19-22 inches of snow. We have been using this time to clean the house, organize, and get some much needed chores done. School has been called off for tomorrow as well due to the cold and travel conditions.

As I went out to shovel last night, Nick captured my look in a picture: (I needed the goggles, the wind was blowing the snow soo hard, you could not see;)

P1120631

Here are some pics that we took last night of the snow.

P1120632P1120633P1120635Here are some pictures from this morning:P1120645Notice the snow up the window!P1120646Our bushes are bent to the ground…not sure they will survive this!

P1120664The drift on the car made the hood and the top of the car even.P1120666P1120667This would be a picture of Nick CRACKING up at the dog. She would NOT go in the snow to pee, so when I yelled out the front door, “Lola GO POTTY”, she looked at me and squatted right there on the side walk and peed! I thought Nick was going to join her, he was laughing soo hard!

No comments: